Friday, May 8, 2009

Busy at work

We’re winding down on one of our really large projects at work. It’s a 259,000 square foot addition on Paoli Hospital. You can click here  to see some of our renderings of what the project will look like when it’s complete (or what it should look like if everything goes as planned). I worked on some of those computer generated renderings so kudos to me! Anyway, I’ve been working on this project since I started at RDLA... (July of 2006) and it will officially open in July of this year! 

While it’s very exciting that the project is almost complete, there’s so much stress involved too. I am a part of the team of 12 Architects and Engineers that worked on this design and as it winds up we have to go through and check the construction work for what we call a final “punchlist”. Every single tiny detail is scrutinized... We’re talking tiny scratches on the light switch plates... Poorly installed coat hooks.... Checking to make sure all of the doors lock and unlock properly.... It’s very tedious and very necessary (especially for our own legal safety). 259,000 square feet is a LOT for 12 of us to comb over and we’ve been at it since March. Needless to say I’m exhausted and I have 15 other projects that I have to keep up with (thankfully, they are mostly renovation projects and therefore quite small in comparison). 

So for those of you asking about my work... There it is! You can also keep an eye on what projects we’re working on at RDLA’s website (http://www.rdla.com).

Tata for now! Must go scrutinize some shower tiles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home