Staying afloat
Ahhh... So what IS new. The past couple of days have been stressful at best. Friday afternoon, we experienced another series of layoffs at work. Not very comforting to say the least. My job is OK for now but we’re hoping to get new work in the next couple of months or I’m pretty much on the chopping block. Thankfully, since I’m “family”, I will have plenty of advance warning if I’ll need to dust off my resume. But I’m crossing my fingers that it doesn’t come to that.
What’s really strange is the reaction of those people left in the firm. Normally under these stressful conditions, you would expect people to be arguing and fighting as they are competing for their jobs. But surprisingly, it’s been the opposite. Everyone seems to be in a state of shock. And the comradery that has very heartwarming. People who didn’t care for each other before have new-found respect for one another and colleagues are going out to lunch together and becoming friends. I believe the Vice Presidents will have a tough time if they have another round of lay-offs. The united front of their employees could cause a stir. But we shall see...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home